How can we improve the DL Series?

Master Fader Software for Mac OS X and Windows.

For those who want to bring a laptop to the gig and control the DL1608.

1,025 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jason OlsonJason Olson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

91 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Antonio PereiraAntonio Pereira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

acho que deveriam fazer o Master Fader no minimo para o Mac não tem assunto nenhum quando comprei a dl 32 não sabia acho que eles podia esclarecer as pessoas que compraram

• AdrianAdrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to see this on OS X... But I doubt the interface would work quite as fast with a mouse if you want to control multiple channels at the same time, unless you could auto lock... But it's got to be possible... If they do bring out an OS X version, I'd buy the 16 channel straight of, but I don't trust apple to update iOS and make this hardware defunct.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please can any one direct me to where i can download master fader windows version for my mackie dl 32r

serait il possible d'avoir une fonction talk over pour l'utilisation en présentation avec une musique en arriere plan qui diminue quand on parle ?
        merci

• s-lights-light commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just allow other devices / sw to control with documented OSC messages and these available as udp and websocket....
        than someone can write a html/js based page that can be shown in every current web browser - device, operating-system and connection independent...

(just udp would also be great - than you have to have only a small osc udp2websockte bridge - and that is a ready available part of software...)

but yeah - it is mostly a political decision to only support apple ios devices...

preciso de um ponto de comando fixo e outro movel. não posso faze-los com ipad. necessariamente preciso de outros dispositivos na rede!!!!!!! windows, andoid, mac...

• Faith FundedFaith Funded commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't believe they will ever release a desktop/laptop developed program. I wish they would of because it may have salvaged a gig that went south for me. Few months back I was working with a large wedding band in NYC. My Mackie DL32R wanted to update, The message prompted via iPad, my fat fingers inadvertently touched "update" instead of "cancel". Granted, all my fault... but I wish there was some way to remote in/direct connection to try and cancel the update. I was petrified and riding blind for the 2hrs 45mins in the last half of a 5hr gig. I thought for sure I was getting fired. Thanks to the good lord above I was working with a very talented engineer and we had the show dialed in pretty well, so well that for that entire time I had no control the band didn't ask for one thing. After I got home and changed my underwear I immediately sought resolution. After hours of research and seeking professional advice from friends and colleagues, I came across the DC16 (which was newly released around that time). To be honest I felt betrayed by Mackie when I discovered this unit and its pricing. Here I have the DL32R that cost me $1800 and they offer the fix to all its physical deficit for 2x as much. I'm sorry but I will not purchase a $3500 mouse. Regardless I hold no hardship to Mackie. They make great product, always have. As for my DL32, that has seen less live work and more session work. It makes for a very powerful 32 channel interface!

• JadeJade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Networking issues with iPad can be very problematic. Windows is a much better networking alternative for fail-over options. Would be great to have Master Fader on a Microsoft Surface, etc., for redundant network capabilities.

The band I am in currently use this on iPhones and iPads, however I do not have an iPad and use my phone. It would be so great if Mackie would get software for Macbook Pros and according to what I read personal laptops as well.

Please make master fader for my iMac , or laptop . this would be so handy . I have had my Phone and iPad develope Phantom touch syndrome ... i can not trust a touch device as my only control system at gigs .
        a Lap top as a main controller would just make so much sense .

Allow functionality with waves multirack. I can speak from experience that making the master fader app compatible with Mac OS and Windows would make this unit a viable option for more professionals who are looking at this for a good freelance console, for small to medium sized venues. Having the stability and reliability of a laptop would make this a console

Make the Master Fader App Mac and PC compliant so real professionals can bring a laptop to use with the DL32r and also roam around with an ipad. Let the Ethernet port allow for multitracking and user control like one the presonus RM series consoles and Behringer x32 series - rack, etc.
        Only having ipad functionality limits what professionals can do in a live enviroment and most would be crazy to completely rely on an Ipad

• Asle HelsethAsle Helseth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If they only added CoreMIDI to the iPad Master Fader and options to map CC' to faders, mute buttons, Tap Temp and such. Then I could get away by owning just one iPad. When will Mackie hand us the "Get out off Apples jail" card?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base