How can we improve the DL Series?

De-Esser, this is a must...!!

Please add a de-esser to master Fader....

180 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adrian SorleaAdrian Sorlea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PianomanPianoman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be cool! Instead of EQ-ing high-mids and destroy vocal's tonality, using a dessesr would be great!

• JonnyJonny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There're way too many "s-sh" singers out there... Help us control them! ;)

• Bradley MarshallBradley Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simply, who doesn't use a DeEsser? and without inserts it limits the DL32R simplicity greatly.
        A patch job has to be done to a great product just to get a basic function.
        The DL32R is packaged as an all in one mixing solution, but with this simply, sorely missing.
        Sidechain? That would be a very professional separate improvement.
        A simple Exciter? Now I'm getting greedy...

• José RafaelJosé Rafael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Otimo recurso isso certamente elevaria o conceito e profissionalismo do mixer, trazendo mais recursos ao tecnico e ressultados aos musicos

• Rupert FoodsteaksRupert Foodsteaks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, a standalone de-esser is faster to implement and operates as a dynamic EQ instead of squashing the entire vocal channel like a standard side chain compressor. By all means add the side chain to the standard compressors, but don't poo-poo a dedicated de-esser.

• DwainDwain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a key input is what's needed to allow a side chain to control the compressor. this would allow de-essing, ducking, multi-band compression and more. A stand alone de-esser would be a waste but a versatile compressor would be very handy.

• Philip SaxinPhilip Saxin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make me by this NOW! I really need a de-esser. I agree it could be a choise between gate and de-esser.

Feedback and Knowledge Base