How can we improve the DL Series?

A much better reverb please. Current one is almost unusable.

A much better reverb please. Current one is almost unusable.

1,226 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike MullinMike Mullin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To mackie engineers, everything is good but your efx still need to upgrade, waiting so long already. I'm need to use two mixer to combine analog mixer mackie cfx20 and dl1608 together to get the effect on mic input, your mackie cfx20 analog effect is good, for your reference tq.,

Come on mackie I paid £1,000.00 for his unit two years ago as I wanted to reduce the weight in my Pa whilst Giggin the concept is great however the unit falls short of being any good, the reverb is shocking and unusable, the gain controls don't light up this causes confusion and panic in low low lit gigs your rnd need to be commercially awere this creation proves that they are not, this is just another gadget I can safely say it is in its box and that's were it will stay until you bring out better effects, surely you could collaborate with a rebuttable company Lexicon, rocktron, alesis , Tc elec.
        Surely users would pay for this update

I've been using the dl1608 since fall 2012. I agree that the internal effects section should be a priority update for the current lineup and future models. This is the area where the competition is out-classing Mackie big time.

One would think with a software only mixer that effects plug ins would be almost unlimited and yet the 1608's delay and reverb barely works. I've had issues where I have no levels even after I make sure they are assigned, levels are up in effects. This is seriously flawed when other digital mixers have not just delay and reverb but many assignable effects.

• EduardoEduardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the guys at Mackie are taking our suggestions to make a new DL1608 (MKII) I check this site before I bought it, a year later I see that useful features has not been added yet to our mixers, maybe is not a matter of software. I believe they have to improves the hardware (chips, processors, etc) to give us what we always wanted. (A better digital mixer) but please, do the best you can with this products before it gets obsolete... Keep us as happy users, you guys need us...

MACKIE this is kind of joke!
        since 2 years everybody is waiting for better effect section, nothing happens!
        what is the difficulty about offering 3 assignable STATE OF THE ART effects???

2 big updates with lots of useless new features, but no improvement in the basics!!!

i will definitely not recommend this system until you move your a.. in this...

WHAT reverb?
        Wasn't that effect supposed to be 2 ferrets doing the Mambo inside a glass??

• Chris GaleChris Gale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree absolutely!!!! The current reverb is just not good enough for today's sonic environment.

• BassbaboonBassbaboon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just bought one of the dl1608 mixers. I agree that the reverb is useless, but seeing how this issue was raised by the OP on 21 September 2012 I'm not too impressed that we're 3 1/2 years on and it's still useless? Come on Mackie!

I love the DL 1608 but the reverb is so poor it is of no use to me. I tried hard to work with all the parameters but I could not get a sound that was even close to usable. I consider this a big problem for what I do, which is playing small pubs and mixing from the stage. In small venues there is typically little or no natural reverb to the room, so I need something good that dials in quickly. I am now trying to implement some kind of outboard fx unit, but it bugs me that I have to lug another piece of gear to the gig.

• JohanJohan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought I was the only one or just too dumb to use the reverb. I actually got better sounding FX from my old Bheringer 1832FX. I am considering selling my DL1608. MACKIE we need to hear from you

• ChadyChady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

reverb and delays are both too poor.
        This is the reason for which I do not use DL32R

Is this a hardware thing or is it just a matter of when mackie decide to update the software?? Love the mixer, hate the reverb...

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too struggle with the reverb, love everything about this mixer except the verb.

• TakiTaki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a die hard mackie user since their conception. I am very dissappointed that this isue has not been resolved yet. I design this kind of stuff for a living. It is not that hard to extend the taps if the digital filters (assuming this is done in software).... I hope they give us a good reverb soon. I have been patientely waiting for a year since I bought the unit.

Thanks Taki

• Knut HovdaKnut Hovda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, either improve the reverb significantly so it is usable on vocals, or make it possible to buy reverb plugins from Mackie or 3rd party vendors. I think many users would be willing to pay for a better reverb, given that it was good enough.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base