How can we improve the DL Series?

Send the monitor mix back to the 10 ipads for in-ear monitoring

Since you can use up to 10 iPads with this system, why not send the 16-channels to the iPads (over the wifi network) and let each musician mix their own monitor AND they can attach headphones or use blue-tooth headphones. The trick is you need to record say 30 seconds of the band, then allow each musician to play back the recording so they can set levels. Otherwise, it would be too hard to play and mix at the same time.

173 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Roger CampbellRoger Campbell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The wifi, would not be able to handle it. 2 the ipad cannot process 32 channels of audio, it would crash in about 2 seconds, and you will have fried the processor.. bye bye ipad. 3 the ipad is only a remote control all of the work is being done by the board itself.

• James KjorlaugJames Kjorlaug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this as well. It would help encourage band members to move towards iems. I also use the Dante audio network and view network load even with multiple mixers moving audio streams around the Gbit network shows only a minor load so I think in most cases their should be enough band width.

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you can't stream over wifi, why not have a way to run cable from sends into the iOS device, same as sending an Irig signal or other interface

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome to use your iPhone as an iem backpack d with the my mix set your own monitor mix. Plug headphones in your iPhone set it and your ready to go

• Mitch NicholsonMitch Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't send live streamed sound through wifi yet.
        You'd be better off getting a wireless headset to connect to an aux

Feedback and Knowledge Base