How can we improve the DL Series?

Intergrate iPad music playback controls

At the top have a play, pause, next, prev, ff, rr button. When playing music with an iPad either docked, or streaming through express, it would be nice to have the controls available. This way we wouldn't have to double click or exit program to get to the controls. It would be super helpful especially when it comes to play and pause.

1,176 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FoxFox shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you tried opening the iPad channel control features and turn down your volume level to get better control on your iPad fader level

This feature request HAS NOT been addressed in an acceptable manner in Master Fader v4.0
        Master Fader needs to be able to gain read only access to the stock Apple Music app included within iOS, in order to playback music stored within said app's sandboxed filesystem. This will allow MF to see all of the songs, artists, playlists, compilations, genres etc...in the exact manner that the Music app displays the content. MF not only needs the ability to initiate playback of these items from the device in which the Music resides (wishing the music app itself) but also needs to be able to control play back from a different "remote" iOS device running MF.

There are apps available on iOS currently that have been developed with appropriate "entitlements" that allow for this functionality. One that comes to mind is BBE's "SonicMax Pro" app. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sonicmax-pro/id478366186?mt=8
        SonicMax Pro has complete access to all the content within the Music App's sandbox.

The Mackie development team should consider adding entitles into MF in order to gain access in the same manner that BBE did for their app. The feature we are asking for here is within reach. I think this would provide a tremendously great experience for your customers, especially the ones that use the same iPad for music playback and MF while docked to a DL1608/DL806

It is only possible to use files recorded by the DL1608 ? This feature should be used for any existing music file on the iPad.

• Kim GinnerupKim Ginnerup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to expand my earlier suggestion. We do not use FOH. So the more automated it can be the better. I would like to add a mixer setting for each song in my backing tracks list.
        The only thing that shouldn't be setable per track is master volume, EQ, and gain.
        I would like to set the effects volume fader and mutes per track for each song in a play list.
        ex.:
        1. Song need a slap back echo and the acoustic guitar muted. and another guitar needs 2db extra.
        2. Song need a subtle echo a a long super wet reverb acoustic guitar is not muted.
        3. Song is a capella all instruments are muted.

Between songs in the setlist I set the effects to be muted.
        Oh boy this would be great.

• ANONYMOUSANONYMOUS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a playback/recording feature to the DL1608 so that the user is able to go back after a show and make corrections to channel fader levels as well as EQ, gates, compression, etc. This would be a major help for those of us who run our own sound and are unable to go out and check how it sounds from the crowds perspective. Please add this ASAP!!!

• Brian BeukenBrian Beuken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please fix the playback sound levels, and add in mixer controls for track playback, its kinda a no brainer really that many bands and soloists will want to play to backing tracks or tracks with their parts missing for practice..

• Kim GinnerupKim Ginnerup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe there are different uses here.
        Today we use Backing tracks through a different iPad and feed a stereo mix into the mixer. We use Setlist maker, which once was a great program.
        What I would like was the ability to have an ordered playlist.
        And then select a song and then play a song. Prev and next buttons may be ok but somtimes you have to go random in you list.

• Nick PadenNick Paden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If playback controls are added, the option of having the tracks auto fade in/out when playing/pausing would be a nice touch. The Party Monster app (by Steamclock) is a good example of this feature. (They also have a "refuse to play Nickelback feature, haha)

• Paul HandPaul Hand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Mackie, i have the same problem... Think that you have overlooked the fact that solo singers use this Not Just BANDS with Front Of House Engineers!!!!

1. Itunes & Backing Track Apps blow the bejesus out of my iPad channel, i have to add a limiter to the channel but even then my backing tracks are driven sooooo Hot the tracks sound pants.
        Even at last nights gig switching from the Backing Trax App to Master Fader to tweak the volume level was painful as the app had to rsync. This even caused some issue to the sound of the Backing Trax app which knocked it out and would not internally route the Trax to the iPad causing me to restart the Backing trax app again in the middle of my show. Embarrassing.
        Would have had my iPhone to adjust the volume on my mic stand but the wireless router decided not to work with master fader and myfader apps where as the night before it worked perfectly fine with the same automatic setup!!!?? Painful.

Would love you to sort the internal control of the play in Background Audio apps so we can have control of the music going into the iPad channel please please.

2. Is there Bluetooth control of the FX on/off??? Anther problem I have as a solo artist, having to walk over to switch back to the app from my backing trax playback app to Mute The FX while talking to audience.. IRig have a new one don't they thats perfect for this, you can trigger play start with Stage Traxx app with this.. If i am missing this please help me out, other wise come on Mackie.. £725 this Mixer cost me..!!!

When performing my playback shows I found it such a pain to switch between itunes and master fader that I just went out and bought a Yamaha stand mount mixer and now the DL just does my band shows.
        OK it's always nice to have options and the Yam is great sounding and very easy to use but I miss the processing. Even on solo shows it's nice to finely tune the mic and playback to get an awesome sound. When I bought the DL I believed I was getting the last mixer a band leader with his own PA rig would ever need.
        Make it so Mackie!

• Charles RiveraCharles Rivera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Playback controls within MF, a gain or a -10 PAD to control the iTunes level into the console which is TOO HOT almost overdriven sound that's not usable at all. For bands like us that perform with backing tracks these 2 items would be PERFECTION... Already with the splitting of the iPad channels is almost perfect... just do these 2 things and I'll be in HEAVEN, thanks...!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE...!

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Correct me if I am wrong but if you have i0s7, you can just touch the bottom of your ipad and slide up to see which song is playing and change it there. That is an extension of your music app.

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Correct me if I am wrong but if you have i0s7, you can just touch the bottom of your ipad and slide up to see which song is playing and change it there. That is an extension of your music app.

• Richie Moscola Richie Moscola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea this has been a huge complaint since day one. Hardest part is that when u leave the app n turn on the music when u come back to the mixer it has to re-sync. Makes it difficult to play music after ur set.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base