Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BentlyBently shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

111 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michal VrabelMichal Vrabel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One rich feature platform is generally better then more with less functionality. iOS is enough.

• Asle HelsethAsle Helseth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than 4 years gone and no sign of alternative ways to control the DLs. As I've pointed out elsewhere: Implement OSC and let us at least have an option to make our own controller. And why is there no CoreMIDI support for simple tempo sync and CCs for turning of Reverb/Delay, Mute buttons, Fader movement and so on? Most of the competition support multi-platform, or at least hand the costumer access to the API/protocol.

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be first priority for any reasonable company. This could make this a viable platform for so many more people who are not necessarily Apple fans. The longer this takes, the more convinced I am that Mackie is getting some kind of kickback for remaining on Apple only.

• Luis monteroLuis montero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ya es hora de que evolucionen y tengan cambios que favorezcan a todos, por eso confiamos siempre en sus productos, tengo 20 años usando equipos de Mackie, mi sugerencia es que se abran a otros sistemas como Android y no sólo a Apple.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice that Mackie has supported Android in its MixerConnect app for ProDX series. I'm guessing that the MixerConnect codebase is largely based on Master Fader, so perhaps Android is on its way to Master Fader 5? We can hope...

• Calvin CarterCalvin Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a shame to let apple out perform you in this matter dl1608 on android device you androd to add memory,apple don't I own a DL1608
        I am androd all the way but I had to break down and buy a apple ipad because my android device can not operate my DL1608

• Luis monteroLuis montero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

necesito conectar 4 dispositivos para que los músicos se auto monitoreen pero todos usan android, por favor ayúdennos a crecer.

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love my Mackie DL. I bought the ipad just to mix with it. I hate the iPhone. It sucks. Try getting wifi analyzer for iPhone. You can't, well not a good one. I amuse it is all about contracts and licensing. FYI not every artist uses iPads.

• Chris BloodChris Blood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is why I almost never use my mackie The Behringer X32 rack is better in every way and features an OPEN PROTOCOL. Mackie missed the boat big time.

As someone who develops apps for hardware, Apple is easy. iOS works, and it works on pretty much all of their iPads and iPhones. Standardized power port? Yep. Common processor architecture and strict adherence to OS? Yep. Android - not so much. Manufacturers can't even agree where to put the USB power connection, and the "free to be you and me" approach of Android is the bane of developers. If Google would put their foot down and mandate chipsets and performance levels, it would be easier, but they've decided to embrace this kumbaya approach that doesn't work well for developers when you're dealing with hardware integration. This is a whole level of hell removed from just porting a software app.

As much as adding other OS seems easy to everyone, it's not. This would be a PITA and would also distract the current team from adding features to v5 for current users.

If you insist on using an Android device with your mixer, Behringer, Soundcraft and others are happy to take your money with apps that may work great (sound craft since the app is in a web browser). but I wouldn't hold your breath for Mackie to change course.

Am considering purchasing a DL 32R in the next 2 months, but will not if the software hasn't been developed for Android.
        Is there any intention of doing this soon?

• dl32 r musicodl32 r musico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me gustaría una versión para surface pensar que todo los músicos solo usan apple es un poco egoísta por favor se les agradecería mucho

...and most of the other comapanies' apps are full of bugs and just badly designed to begin with. Personally I'm glad Mackie has stuck with just focusing on iOS and made a rock-solid, ultra-usable app that's about 20x better than anything else out there (I've tried almost all of them.) If they start worrying about Android too, there's no way they'll be able to maintain the same level of attention to detail and quality control. No one in the world has done that. We should consider ourselves lucky that all we have to do is get an iPad (even a used previous generation one works fine) and BOOM, everything just WORKS. And I mean really works, not "theoretically is capable of doing what you asked it to, under perfect circumstances", but actually really just WORKS. You can't put a price on that if you're using this live.

• Gtrman39Gtrman39 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have a android app for dl mixer controll, android is becoming more popular and would allow more people to try the mackie mixer. Most the other company's are starting to offer android use.

• Christophe VillenaveChristophe Villenave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there
        Roxene, a French rock'n roll band, is more than happy to use the dl1608 except that ... only iThings owners can talk to it :(
        Any plan ?
        Best regards
        Christophe

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base