Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BentlyBently shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

106 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice that Mackie has supported Android in its MixerConnect app for ProDX series. I'm guessing that the MixerConnect codebase is largely based on Master Fader, so perhaps Android is on its way to Master Fader 5? We can hope...

• Calvin CarterCalvin Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a shame to let apple out perform you in this matter dl1608 on android device you androd to add memory,apple don't I own a DL1608
        I am androd all the way but I had to break down and buy a apple ipad because my android device can not operate my DL1608

• Luis monteroLuis montero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

necesito conectar 4 dispositivos para que los músicos se auto monitoreen pero todos usan android, por favor ayúdennos a crecer.

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love my Mackie DL. I bought the ipad just to mix with it. I hate the iPhone. It sucks. Try getting wifi analyzer for iPhone. You can't, well not a good one. I amuse it is all about contracts and licensing. FYI not every artist uses iPads.

• Chris BloodChris Blood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is why I almost never use my mackie The Behringer X32 rack is better in every way and features an OPEN PROTOCOL. Mackie missed the boat big time.

As someone who develops apps for hardware, Apple is easy. iOS works, and it works on pretty much all of their iPads and iPhones. Standardized power port? Yep. Common processor architecture and strict adherence to OS? Yep. Android - not so much. Manufacturers can't even agree where to put the USB power connection, and the "free to be you and me" approach of Android is the bane of developers. If Google would put their foot down and mandate chipsets and performance levels, it would be easier, but they've decided to embrace this kumbaya approach that doesn't work well for developers when you're dealing with hardware integration. This is a whole level of hell removed from just porting a software app.

As much as adding other OS seems easy to everyone, it's not. This would be a PITA and would also distract the current team from adding features to v5 for current users.

If you insist on using an Android device with your mixer, Behringer, Soundcraft and others are happy to take your money with apps that may work great (sound craft since the app is in a web browser). but I wouldn't hold your breath for Mackie to change course.

Am considering purchasing a DL 32R in the next 2 months, but will not if the software hasn't been developed for Android.
        Is there any intention of doing this soon?

• dl32 r musicodl32 r musico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me gustaría una versión para surface pensar que todo los músicos solo usan apple es un poco egoísta por favor se les agradecería mucho

...and most of the other comapanies' apps are full of bugs and just badly designed to begin with. Personally I'm glad Mackie has stuck with just focusing on iOS and made a rock-solid, ultra-usable app that's about 20x better than anything else out there (I've tried almost all of them.) If they start worrying about Android too, there's no way they'll be able to maintain the same level of attention to detail and quality control. No one in the world has done that. We should consider ourselves lucky that all we have to do is get an iPad (even a used previous generation one works fine) and BOOM, everything just WORKS. And I mean really works, not "theoretically is capable of doing what you asked it to, under perfect circumstances", but actually really just WORKS. You can't put a price on that if you're using this live.

• Gtrman39Gtrman39 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have a android app for dl mixer controll, android is becoming more popular and would allow more people to try the mackie mixer. Most the other company's are starting to offer android use.

• Christophe VillenaveChristophe Villenave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there
        Roxene, a French rock'n roll band, is more than happy to use the dl1608 except that ... only iThings owners can talk to it :(
        Any plan ?
        Best regards
        Christophe

• Derek R.Derek R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, rather unbelievable that they still have not supported the Android play store. Especially given all of the red tape the Apple store makes you jump through to release an app.

As far as Apple being the professional "artist" choice, that's not entirely true anymore. Apple has progressively been aiming towards the consumer market in lieu of their previous more professional market plan. I am a studio engineer for a live broadcast show and graphics house and we're slowly moving away from Apple due to their continued failure to support the artists. Apple displays lacking true black, failures with their graphics engines on Yosemite, countless MacPro Cylinder issues as well as a lack of hardware expansion, incompatible software and scaling issues with the iMac 5K retina, etc. These are just a few of the issues. A lot of our graphics editors and sound engineers have moved away from Apple these days. Same goes for a few editing houses I speak with down the street.

The point is, Mackie needs to step up their game and support both operating systems instead of only half. It's just good business practice. Why alienate half of the market? It's just plain lazy and frankly it's the make/break point for my company's decisions.

• Jim N.Jim N. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have to admit... after a concert tonite with the Ipad controlling the DL1608, I can tell you that it doesn't "work 100% of the time"... One bug is that the Ipad needs to connect to the internet each time to download and install the same update. Not all venues have wireless, so we patch across a cell phone to get it done. When it does work, it's flawless. Still would add my voice to the chorus asking for an android version.

• Rima MaungaatiRima Maungaati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everybody in our group hav android and no one is intereasted in ipad or ifone....cmon mackie or we will change our gear to another brand... korg digital mixer...

Why o can't use my Android phone I don't like iphones, like my galaxy 5 phone better, my friend had a system from banhizer company and they can use galaxy why you have to make it difficult for the consumer.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base