How can we improve DL1608?

16 Channels are not quite enough. Any plans for the DL2408 or DL2412? I'd buy it right now!

16 Channels are not quite enough. Any plans for the DL2408 or DL2412? I'd buy it right now!

235 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Argggh can't wait any longer...please Mackie! 24 in / 12 out, and 24 channel streaming to USB for recording...it would be perfect! Yes there are others out there for low prices but we all love the Mackie iPad app and the great sounding preamps/converters...please!!

Did anyone try to use 2 Dl1608 by connecting them to the same wifi-rooter, and merge the outs with a splitter (A1 from DL1608 Nbr 1 + A1 from DL1608 Nbr2, A2+A2...) in a way to build a 32 In / 6 out mixer? Thanks. Vincent

• FrankFrank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have waited for over a year and gave up. We purchased a Behringer X32 for the larger shows and still use the DL1608 for the smaller stages (from a real estate perspective that is). We also use the Mackie for shows near the ocean or beach. Fewer moving parts for the salt air to get at.

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mackie pleeeeease 24channel ins 10 outs....your DL1608 is absolutelly greaaat...we bought it half a year before for our worship band and we are happy with all features and user friendly GUI, but we need more inputs....pleeeease are you planning any new board with more inputs? I think that many people would need it!!! We would bought it immediatelly!!! Best mix console ever!!!

...and hopefully they could take the opportunity to add multi-track recording (or at least streaming to laptop via USB 3.0 or whatever.) Maybe a more powerful processor(s) to lower the latency a hair more too!

Please we need just some more inputs! Anyone else patching with XLR Y adapters and little mixers?

• johnlahitonjohnlahiton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Id buy one inmediately it comes out. 24in 12out would be perfect for rock band's needs!!

Would buy a 24-channel the second it's available. Hope Mackie comes out with it before anyone else.

Was wondering if 32 tracks are in the works or a way of tying 2 1608 together to make it 32 tracks?

• paulpaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am very happy with the 16 ch version BUT.............I really need 24 channels to do almost everything. I like to do full drum kit mic's and have all 6 vocals, now I am out of channels for the rest of the band. Hahahahah sooner the better please

• FrankFrank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be a buyer right now if Mackie released a 24 channel DL mixer.

• TracyTracy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would buy a 24 channel today! I am using the Presonus, but looking for something smaller.

This should be Mackie's #1 concern at this point in time moving forward. This type of mixing will be very crowded with options from competition in the near future. A rackmount box with 32 inputs, 12 aux sends and a stereo out for $1995.00 ... .. . and Mackie would DOMINATE the working bands / musicians / church install mixer markets !

• JanJan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DL 2408 would be enough....3rd row of input channels and gains knobs will not cause bigger console

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base