How can we improve DL1608?

Multitrack recording

For the next Master Fader app update there should be some multitrack recording features. How nice wouldn't it be to be able to mix every single channel post-recording. Sales would go up on the mixer and pro-tools like software. I hope it's possible and close to come!

271 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kjell SovdeKjell Sovde shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even being able to separate the stereo tracks in the recording would be great. You can pan left and right, but it always saves as an interleaved stereo track.

• Biff CooperBiff Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will buy this as soon as multitrack recording is available, if update is not made soon then it's the Touchmix for me!

• EmersonEmerson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the DL 1608. Good, but I'm thinking about change to another digital mixer with multitrack recording option ...

ESPERO CON ANSIAS LA CAPACIDAD DE GRABACION MULTITRACK PODRIA SER CON WAVEMACHINELABS AURIA

• C-O JohanssonC-O Johansson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the DL1608 and I've used it for live shows. The updates have been great so far. Now I'm planning on using it to record a band and it would just be awesome if you could include a multitrack recording feature in a future update. Keep up the good work!

• AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a multitrack option ASAP, so I don't have to purchase something else.

• Martin de WaardMartin de Waard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love your DL1608 but there is one problem. No multitrackrecording! And that is just what we want!
        Is that posible in the future?

With kind regards,
        Martin de Waard
        www.ogwrecords.nl THE NETHERLANDS

• Bought friday, tested today.Bought friday, tested today. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe at Mackie will do software update and add multitrack recording option.
        Anyway new firmware has little bug. When you open the group "window" 1st channel will go hidden and needs keep 1st channel on sight while mixing. If you keep Group window hidden, you don't even notice this "bug".

New tap delay is great update, also link option between two channels is important and useful update.

Some reason my recordings are 8kt size, so somenthing went wrong on recording, maybe the reason is me (user), maybe software. Multi channel recording maybe is great update and fix if there is recording problems.. I need to find out what i did wrong on recording or was it just software problem. I have updated master fader to 2.0 and firmware is updated too..

I have this mixer and I love it.But multi track recording would definately stop me now considering the QSC Touchmx 16 as a replacement.Even the the new Behringer X18 has multitrack recording.

• Tommi RönkkönenTommi Rönkkönen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will buy this mixer when it is multitrack recording capable and also immediate playback of recordings is possible.

• James MaguireJames Maguire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bought the 1608. Enjoy many of its' features. It is somewhat difficult to use when there is no sound guy. It's not as user friendly as having all the controls right in front of you. The biggest issues is the lack of multitrack recording. Also, is there a way to delete ipad recordings without deleting the app and then re-installing? Also, requires an adaptor for the newer generation ipads. Hence the locking mechanism cannot be used.

Again, multitrack is a huge one. Even a USB card slot that would record the mix like Berhinger's new mixer. If the effects were the same as the Mackie, I would swap to something like that if there isn't a multitrack option added.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base