How can we improve DL1608?

Allow the remote control of the recording option and music playback on the docked iPad from a wireless connection iPad

It would be great it we could remotely control the recording option and music playback on the docked iPad from a different wireless connection iPad.

In our setup we tend to leave one iPad docked in the DL1608 and have a second iPad connected wirelessly for adjustments. It would be great if the wireless iPad could initiate recording on the docked iPad and also initiate playback from iTunes on the docked iPad.

145 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James CrawshawJames Crawshaw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same, i run 2 ipads. the DL side stage with a docked ipad, me in the crowd with another ipad.
        remote control of the record function to the ipad in the dock will enable me to use it more.

• Jim RammJim Ramm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just set it so that if there is an iPad docked the record button is functional. If there's not docked iPad have the system generate a message saying that there needs to be an iPad docked in order to record or play back - of course the recording will be to the docked iPad and playback will be from the playlists on the docked iPad as well.

• RakeshRakesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But that app still does n't stop or start recording remotely
        And can mackie or apple create a way to edit the recorded file or the same iPad and playback aswell
        Because it don't make sense to wait till I reach home to discover and hear the recording sounding like shit!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature. We are a mobile church and have replaced or analog desk and snake with the DL1608. I would love to record directly onto the iPad but currently it is impractical and distracting for the sound guy to run to the back of the stage to stop/start the recording.

• John KowtkoJohn Kowtko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I could have used this last night ... and for all of the instrumental music concerts I run.

Feedback and Knowledge Base