How can we improve DL1608?

A much better reverb please. Current one is almost unusable.

A much better reverb please. Current one is almost unusable.

650 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike MullinMike Mullin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marcel MaxMarcel Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hoped it would be taken care of too but if it is not better then I guess that's because of the limitations of the DSP used in the machine. Well... I'll continue using my M-One on one aux and two line inputs like before.

• Tim LindeenTim Lindeen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought the new update would help in this area. The answer is a big fat NOPE. Still unusable. The Gated verbs actually don't work, as in no sound.

• Ed WinEd Win commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, gave this idea 3 of my votes. Same goes for the delay, by the way. Sorry Mackie, Beno, www.poundhead.nl is using a complete Mackie setup for live performance 'cause we do love your gear.....even considering the 32 now just because we can...but the fx on the 1608 do suck big time.

• brianbrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reverb I hope someone is listening/Reading about the" Reverb" comment..

• brianbrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"reverb" it may be a matter of taste but in my case I have used mainly mackie mixers over a 25years, while using the reverb effects and was very happy!. Then recently I bought the dl1608 and tried using the reverb effects and I was not happy!. I could not get close to the reverb effect I got with my other Mackie regular mixers. (As far as vocal is concerned). The DL1608 is still worth it! But I sure wish mackie would compare and update this. I kinda expected the reverb would at least sound better or the same as the app called : "AudioReverb" for iPads. But I couldn't get there even after trying to adjust the peramiters in the effect. I hope someone is let inning... Thx. I'm getting ready to buy the DL32R I hope the effects are a little better. Tho the reason I am buying it is because I need the recording features..

• Jørgen StraumforsJørgen Straumfors commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer mono effects for live use. Specially decent mono reverbs for use on on vocals and drums. As for now, im adding ambient fx in mono for the vocals through a TC Harmony Singer. (http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/harmony-singer/)
        Both the vocals AND fx pops out making the a much clearer apparence in the live mix without just cranking up the vocals. I think the best way to fix this for the Mackie DL, might be to have more settings for the reverb section; adding a Legft/Right-range fader (100 - 1%) and an EQ. And of course, reverbs that would sound prestine also in mono settings :-) What about having a talk with the guys at TC? I hear they're really cool guys. Having the "Harmony Singer" as an plugin on my DL would really make the mixer top notch!!!!

• DrewDrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is making/ breaking my buying decision. I've spent limited time on this console but the reverbs I've used so far turned out to be unnatural and as someone else said, "metallic". Not even something EQ could fix. Hopefully the solution is a software update that just improves all DL mixers

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Genie was to be so generous to grant one and only one wish relative to subject it would be to design and implement a much improved and useable reverb selection with future firmware update.
        Ahh, but to dream is allowed. Thank you in advance to all Mackoids.

• william e. balestriniwilliam e. balestrini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, if you gave us some FX Returns it would help the situation. And having only FOUR channel inputs that are dual XLR/ 1/4 doesn't help.

And since we are dealing with software, why not kick it up to 8 jacks instead of 6, but make them PROGRAMMABLE?
        We could use any combo of them being additional MONO INPUTS, or AUX SENDS, or things like MONO OUT, FX RETURN, etc..

• Sam.SpoonsSam.Spoons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't agree that the reverb is 'unusable' but they are nowhere near up to the standard of the rest of the mixer. Some nice 'verbs from TC or Lexicon would make my day.

• JoeyhipsterJoeyhipster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more!
        The reverbs sound really 'tubby' and there's no air in them at all. Even when they are EQ'd, they colour the sound way too much, and lack transparency. The delays are not too bad and are quite usable, but I'm staying away from the verb. Please fix this Mackie, it really let's the otherwise great mixer down.

• CGCG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I'm not the only one who barley notices any reverb coming from the system at all.

• StefyStefy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am playing a lot lately and i think for the price, you get what you pay for. That said, the reverb is completly unsuable. I'm using an external one til they finally realize that people who buy there stuff deserve a bit more.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base