How can we improve DL1608?

A much better reverb please. Current one is almost unusable.

A much better reverb please. Current one is almost unusable.

552 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike MullinMike Mullin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Genie was to be so generous to grant one and only one wish relative to subject it would be to design and implement a much improved and useable reverb selection with future firmware update.
        Ahh, but to dream is allowed. Thank you in advance to all Mackoids.

• william e. balestriniwilliam e. balestrini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, if you gave us some FX Returns it would help the situation. And having only FOUR channel inputs that are dual XLR/ 1/4 doesn't help.

And since we are dealing with software, why not kick it up to 8 jacks instead of 6, but make them PROGRAMMABLE?
        We could use any combo of them being additional MONO INPUTS, or AUX SENDS, or things like MONO OUT, FX RETURN, etc..

• Sam.SpoonsSam.Spoons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't agree that the reverb is 'unusable' but they are nowhere near up to the standard of the rest of the mixer. Some nice 'verbs from TC or Lexicon would make my day.

• JoeyhipsterJoeyhipster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree more!
        The reverbs sound really 'tubby' and there's no air in them at all. Even when they are EQ'd, they colour the sound way too much, and lack transparency. The delays are not too bad and are quite usable, but I'm staying away from the verb. Please fix this Mackie, it really let's the otherwise great mixer down.

• CGCG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I'm not the only one who barley notices any reverb coming from the system at all.

• StefyStefy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am playing a lot lately and i think for the price, you get what you pay for. That said, the reverb is completly unsuable. I'm using an external one til they finally realize that people who buy there stuff deserve a bit more.

• FradFrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good I found this forum, thought I was the only one experiencing this reverb issue. Did a lot of tweaking but to no avail...

• ElmarElmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First impression on the reverb: I got a defect DL1608. This poor quality can't be true.
        After further research on the web, I'm just disappointed, that this is really true. How can this happen? - Unbelievable... The quality management of MACKIE obviously failed. This has to be improved. So... All my votes to this!

First of all, I absolutely Love my DL1608. It has been "for the most part" the mixer of my dreams for shear size and power. However, I am VERY dissapointed in the reverb on this unit, and a huge oversite that I feel should have been implemented is a footswitch bypass option. I run sound from stage and I would love to be able to 1). have good usable reverb (and delays, which are a touch better, but still not on par with the quality of the compressors and gates, IMHO), 2). have the ability to switch them off for dialog between songs. Mackie...PLEASE FIX YOUR REVERB....Thanks!

I agree...current reverb is pretty awful. One of the very, very few flaws of this unit. Would be really cool if Mackie could work out some kind of licensing deal with Lexicon to get one of their quality reverbs in there...although I guess that would require their chip to be in there which means it's not just an update. Maybe Mackie can come up with their own that doesn't suck? Oh well. At least the compression, eq, and delay are all either awesome or at least good and very usable.

A new reverb would be great. Would have been even better to see the unit released with 3-4 muti FX engines so you had your pic. If you needed another verb or a chorus rather then a delay.... I know for sure it would be great to have a vocal verb, a drum verb, a chorus and a delay available. The whole idea of this console is to cut out the outboard!

• Rick ColeRick Cole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most patches have a somewhat metalic twang. The parametric eq on the reverb channel is helpful in obscuring the weaknesses, but it shouldn't be necessary to get acceptable results. I don't know if the dsp algos used in the 1608 can be redefined in firmware. Depends on how it was implemented. I'm hoping they can be revised without a hardware mod.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base