How can we improve the DL Series?

A much better reverb please. Current one is almost unusable.

A much better reverb please. Current one is almost unusable.

1,084 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike MullinMike Mullin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChadyChady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

reverb and delays are both too poor.
        This is the reason for which I do not use DL32R

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this a hardware thing or is it just a matter of when mackie decide to update the software?? Love the mixer, hate the reverb...

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too struggle with the reverb, love everything about this mixer except the verb.

• TakiTaki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a die hard mackie user since their conception. I am very dissappointed that this isue has not been resolved yet. I design this kind of stuff for a living. It is not that hard to extend the taps if the digital filters (assuming this is done in software).... I hope they give us a good reverb soon. I have been patientely waiting for a year since I bought the unit.

Thanks Taki

• Knut HovdaKnut Hovda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, either improve the reverb significantly so it is usable on vocals, or make it possible to buy reverb plugins from Mackie or 3rd party vendors. I think many users would be willing to pay for a better reverb, given that it was good enough.

• Martin GreuleMartin Greule commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After i´ve heard the reverb on the x32 Rack... i am really considering to get a different mixer... cause it is really the truth... for vocals, this reverb is unusable... is there any Mackie feedback on when they will update it?

I have struggled with the reverb on this unit. I sifted through all of the options and searched high and low for some ideas on the internet. I would be happy to have one setting that worked well for vocals.

• Ian PengellyIan Pengelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've lived with the reverbs and delays since a couple of months after this mixer went on sale in the UK. As a dedicated user and supporter, please improve these!! Selectable plug-ins would be ideal and would allow 3rd party effects to be implemented / ported as other manufacturers have done. This is really letting down what is otherwise an awesome product.

The reverb is very bad, impossible to create a good preset. I try to use EQ but it's not better ! Please Mackie : make one usefull reverb for singer !

• DwainDwain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the reverb has a metallic, inside a culvert sound. As someone else said, there is no air. The DL32R should have included send return jacks on the effects busses for those of us that want to run our favourite effects.

Yes agree with all past posts. This is the best mixer I have used so far,but it needs a much better quality reverb.
        If you can fix with a update and presets for vocal etc would be amazing and preset option in each channel. Delays not bad.
        Keep up the good work fellas :)

The reverb is not terrible, I run this mixer live and it has limitations in that you can only dial up one verb setting to be applied to all channels you want to run verb on. Other than that I only dial in small amounts of reverb FOH and some vocalists want a wet monitor. Unless I am working with an 80's hair metal tribute that needs the BIG drum sounds...the reverb is just fine.

• Marcel MaxMarcel Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hoped it would be taken care of too but if it is not better then I guess that's because of the limitations of the DSP used in the machine. Well... I'll continue using my M-One on one aux and two line inputs like before.

• Tim LindeenTim Lindeen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought the new update would help in this area. The answer is a big fat NOPE. Still unusable. The Gated verbs actually don't work, as in no sound.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base