How can we improve DL1608?

Small simple spectrum analysis over 31-band graphic EQ's

I run a simple cheap spectrum analyser on my iPad. it uses the built in mic of the iPad and is very useful for identifying feedback frequencies.
I would like to see this intergrated into the maser fader app.
a simple block of colour above each frequency in the graph screen that changed with the relevant level would be ideal.
It would make ringing out monitors very easy, once feedback was detected, you would just look for whatever frequency has gone red on the graphic, then turn it down. easy!

484 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tim ButcherTim Butcher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

william, I don't get it, how are you connecting your Android to the Mackie? Off the Mackie's headphone jack or something? Are you not interested in being able to see a separate analyzer for each channel?

I agree with others that the RTA (at whatever resolution) should be on the parametrics as well as the GEQ.

• william e. balestriniwilliam e. balestrini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FYI I have a frequence analyzer loaded on my Android Samsung Galaxy Note. This I prefer so that I sit in front of the stage with the iPad running NEXT TO my Galaxy. Therefore in my humble opinion it is NOT necessary to have it on the ipad.

Hi,apart from multitrack recording an RTA would be the only other real change I would suggest to make the DL1608 a complete package.

• Adoniram1986Adoniram1986 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Software upgrade with the analyzer in the back layer against the parametric curve... and a small oscillator, yeah.
        I wonder what algorithm they use?

• Jeremy TaylorJeremy Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An FFT spectrum underlay would be awesome... For G-EQ an RTA would be enough, but an FFT would be fantastic. FFT even more important on parametric EQ screens

• WK154WK154 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's not make it too easy for Beno. A signal generator with the usual white, pink, single frequency to go along with the RTA on the output EQ screen.

• RoadRangerRoadRanger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just having the loudest band light up like many GEQ's do would be fine for finding feedback :) .

Feedback and Knowledge Base