How can we improve DL1608?

Aux Sends switchable PER CHANNEL between Pre or Post CHANNEL EQ /DSP

Rather than globally, make it possible to select PER CHANNEL whether that channel's aux sends are Pre or Post EQ & FX. This is most pertinent when using just one mixer for both FOH and monitor mixing. Some performers ask for EQ to their wedges, so you want the setting to be POST. But most don't want to hear the changes you are making to the FOH in their wedges (and such changes can risk feedback) so you want your aux sends PRE. My Allen & Heath Mix Wizard lets me configure internal jumpers on each individual channel for its aux sends to be either pre or post eq/insert. This lets me choose whether that channel's monitor mixes are affected by the eq and comps or not. That way, if a singer wants to hear more low mids in her wedge, I plug her into a Post channel. If I'm making a lot of FOH EQ tweaks to a guitar, that channel's aux send is PRE so that it doesn't show up in the monitor and freak the guitarist out.

232 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request for pre EQ should be #1 priority for the next update, the fact that my FOH channel EQ changes show up in the monitor is the only feature that makes the 1608 non pro. When I bought it I assumed by way of the PRE button that this would be the case and I was stunned when I found the FHO channel EQ effected my aux's. The 1608 is close to and sometimes is unusable at some shows because if I need to use a monitor desk and split snake I just roll out the bigger gear...and it is NOT Mackie....I would think they would want us to use their 1608 at every show we could, every time I do it generates lots of interest.

• walterwwalterw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this whole list needs to be folded into the "pre fader options" one above it and all the votes added together; we're diluting this very important request by splitting it into two headings!

anyway yeah, no compression in monitor auxes!

Definitely agree that Pre/Post EQ is a must. I don't want my FOH EQ changes also changing in the monitors.....doesn't make sense.
        This is a must update for sure.
        Every console I have ever had/operated let's you make this choice....Pre/Post EQ and Fader.
        Not just Fader.
        Thanx for considering.

This should be at the top of the list! I'm just recieved my unit and am thinking of sending it back. I can't have compression in my monitors.I can't believe this is not the most important upgrade consideration. Lets vote people!

• johnjohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it should have 2 compressioners 1 for the main mix and 1 for the mon mix and if not just the channel your on that way it dont mess with your moniter mix whin your mixing the channel your on this is a must

• johnjohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it should have 2 compressioners 1 for the main mix and 1 for the mon mix and if not just the channel your on that way it dont mess with your moniter mix whin your mixing the channel your on this is a must

Feedback and Knowledge Base