How can we improve DL1608?

Intergrate iPad music playback controls

At the top have a play, pause, next, prev, ff, rr button. When playing music with an iPad either docked, or streaming through express, it would be nice to have the controls available. This way we wouldn't have to double click or exit program to get to the controls. It would be super helpful especially when it comes to play and pause.

915 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FoxFox shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul HandPaul Hand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Mackie, i have the same problem... Think that you have overlooked the fact that solo singers use this Not Just BANDS with Front Of House Engineers!!!!

1. Itunes & Backing Track Apps blow the bejesus out of my iPad channel, i have to add a limiter to the channel but even then my backing tracks are driven sooooo Hot the tracks sound pants.
        Even at last nights gig switching from the Backing Trax App to Master Fader to tweak the volume level was painful as the app had to rsync. This even caused some issue to the sound of the Backing Trax app which knocked it out and would not internally route the Trax to the iPad causing me to restart the Backing trax app again in the middle of my show. Embarrassing.
        Would have had my iPhone to adjust the volume on my mic stand but the wireless router decided not to work with master fader and myfader apps where as the night before it worked perfectly fine with the same automatic setup!!!?? Painful.

Would love you to sort the internal control of the play in Background Audio apps so we can have control of the music going into the iPad channel please please.

2. Is there Bluetooth control of the FX on/off??? Anther problem I have as a solo artist, having to walk over to switch back to the app from my backing trax playback app to Mute The FX while talking to audience.. IRig have a new one don't they thats perfect for this, you can trigger play start with Stage Traxx app with this.. If i am missing this please help me out, other wise come on Mackie.. £725 this Mixer cost me..!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When performing my playback shows I found it such a pain to switch between itunes and master fader that I just went out and bought a Yamaha stand mount mixer and now the DL just does my band shows.
        OK it's always nice to have options and the Yam is great sounding and very easy to use but I miss the processing. Even on solo shows it's nice to finely tune the mic and playback to get an awesome sound. When I bought the DL I believed I was getting the last mixer a band leader with his own PA rig would ever need.
        Make it so Mackie!

• Charles RiveraCharles Rivera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Playback controls within MF, a gain or a -10 PAD to control the iTunes level into the console which is TOO HOT almost overdriven sound that's not usable at all. For bands like us that perform with backing tracks these 2 items would be PERFECTION... Already with the splitting of the iPad channels is almost perfect... just do these 2 things and I'll be in HEAVEN, thanks...!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE...!

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Correct me if I am wrong but if you have i0s7, you can just touch the bottom of your ipad and slide up to see which song is playing and change it there. That is an extension of your music app.

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Correct me if I am wrong but if you have i0s7, you can just touch the bottom of your ipad and slide up to see which song is playing and change it there. That is an extension of your music app.

• Richie Moscola Richie Moscola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea this has been a huge complaint since day one. Hardest part is that when u leave the app n turn on the music when u come back to the mixer it has to re-sync. Makes it difficult to play music after ur set.

• Mitch NicholsonMitch Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if its been said yet, but iTunes is known for boosting signals and then compressing the ballocks out of them (just like any radio station) thus giving you "hot" signals that don't sound as different as they look, just keep your faders down when you start playing music (like you should anyways) and you'll be fine.

Search "hope in the loudness war" and it should give you the details

As for the suggestion, I would love to see just even a pause/play button somewhere on there!

I have been using Tango Remote with very few issues. It will time out if left off in the background though.

• rdmitchrdmitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maybe if we at least had a working volume slide on the music icon (not the iTunes app) we could control the input and navage off that screen.
        for right now, I'll just plug in the iPad to a open channel and control volume and song selection from it. not worth bothering with the master fader channel 17 multiple swipes.

As a (hopefully easier) short term fix - keep MF synched to the DL when MF is in the background. Swiping to the music player is almost instantaneous, but swiping back to MF takes several seconds while it re-synchs. Having MF stay synched in the background would make it a lot smoother to move between MF and other apps.

• metropaulitanmetropaulitan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as controls, I would also really appreciate the ability to lower the incoming level. I have yet to find one. All my break music comes in at plus 10 and I can barely move the fader before it's screaming loud. I will be honest, I am not a mac pro yet, maybe I can do this already. But none of the volumes I have found will lower the incoming level because it's a digital transfer.

• Geir KilstiGeir Kilsti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer to use the unused grey space on top-left for the following standard buttons:
        Stop/Play, Pause, Skip forward, skip backwards.
        They could either control the active music app, or control a new built-in music player from Mackie :)

• Richie Moscola Richie Moscola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Difficult is not the correct adjective. It's not difficult at all. But it is a pain in the neck. When im playing guitar and mixing and have to switch to my dj app. Hit play then switch back to the mixer. Wait for it to sink Its a pain

• Scott McKennaScott McKenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While it would be nice to see the playback controls in the app, it's not hard at all to double tap the home button, slide left, and simply control the music there. If they integrated it into the app, where would they put it?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base