How can we improve DL1608?

link multiple DL1608s via Dante on the Ethernet port

I don't see why you couldn't use a bunch of DL1608s to create a very large mixer. It would be nice if the Ethernet port could use Dante to link them all together. Then you could also use a PC to record all those channels.

With two DL1608s on stage for 32 wired mics and 12 monitor mixes, and once DL1608 at the mix position for wireless, CD playback and other stuff you need for a typical show, you could have one amazing 48 channel digital mixer for just a few thousand dollars.

171 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JayJay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CJCJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beno- you asked "how can we improve the 1608?" You can start by actually reading the forum requests and suggestions. Improve the recording option which everyone agrees sucks. Allow the interface to handle program music via wireless for seamless band to program music breaks. And that's just off the top of my head. Talkback would be nice too.

So now that the dl32r is out I assume there will be no more upgrades for the dl1608. Then dwindling support.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will keep my current one and buy this new version immediately

• RobinRobin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Beno, well, I understand that it would not be possible with the current hardware, but it would be almost stupid if you didnt release an updated hardware soon, preferably with Dante for linking 2-3 consoles, with free channel routing between them, and also, Wifi built in, it almost feels like a joke that it doesnt have wifi, cant imagine that it would have costed more then a few dollars extra per console to integrate a wifichip..

And, digitally controlled/recallable preamp gains;)

I agree there are times when mixing multable bands that i would like the option of more channels

• Richard GreenRichard Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not familiar with Dante. Is it an implementation of ADB? The FAQ suggests giving up 8 channels on the second unit for bus ins, I suggested adding ADAT lightpipe for bus ins & outs, so you can use all 16 inputs on the second unit.
        To effectively link the units, we'd also need an improved control app, so you could just swipe to the additional channels, and not have to buy another ipad or launch a separate instance.
        Linking multiple units would also give you more FX engines. but you'd have to deal with the constraint that each group of 16 would only have its own two engines to work with, unless of coarse, you created more virtual busses on the link medium as FX inputs for the additional engines.
        ...the possibilities seem endless, and the potential resource constraints loom large as well!

Feedback and Knowledge Base