Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BentlyBently shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

96 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dl32 r musicodl32 r musico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me gustaría una versión para surface pensar que todo los músicos solo usan apple es un poco egoísta por favor se les agradecería mucho

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...and most of the other comapanies' apps are full of bugs and just badly designed to begin with. Personally I'm glad Mackie has stuck with just focusing on iOS and made a rock-solid, ultra-usable app that's about 20x better than anything else out there (I've tried almost all of them.) If they start worrying about Android too, there's no way they'll be able to maintain the same level of attention to detail and quality control. No one in the world has done that. We should consider ourselves lucky that all we have to do is get an iPad (even a used previous generation one works fine) and BOOM, everything just WORKS. And I mean really works, not "theoretically is capable of doing what you asked it to, under perfect circumstances", but actually really just WORKS. You can't put a price on that if you're using this live.

• Gtrman39Gtrman39 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to have a android app for dl mixer controll, android is becoming more popular and would allow more people to try the mackie mixer. Most the other company's are starting to offer android use.

• Christophe VillenaveChristophe Villenave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there
        Roxene, a French rock'n roll band, is more than happy to use the dl1608 except that ... only iThings owners can talk to it :(
        Any plan ?
        Best regards
        Christophe

• Derek R.Derek R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, rather unbelievable that they still have not supported the Android play store. Especially given all of the red tape the Apple store makes you jump through to release an app.

As far as Apple being the professional "artist" choice, that's not entirely true anymore. Apple has progressively been aiming towards the consumer market in lieu of their previous more professional market plan. I am a studio engineer for a live broadcast show and graphics house and we're slowly moving away from Apple due to their continued failure to support the artists. Apple displays lacking true black, failures with their graphics engines on Yosemite, countless MacPro Cylinder issues as well as a lack of hardware expansion, incompatible software and scaling issues with the iMac 5K retina, etc. These are just a few of the issues. A lot of our graphics editors and sound engineers have moved away from Apple these days. Same goes for a few editing houses I speak with down the street.

The point is, Mackie needs to step up their game and support both operating systems instead of only half. It's just good business practice. Why alienate half of the market? It's just plain lazy and frankly it's the make/break point for my company's decisions.

• Jim N.Jim N. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have to admit... after a concert tonite with the Ipad controlling the DL1608, I can tell you that it doesn't "work 100% of the time"... One bug is that the Ipad needs to connect to the internet each time to download and install the same update. Not all venues have wireless, so we patch across a cell phone to get it done. When it does work, it's flawless. Still would add my voice to the chorus asking for an android version.

• Rima MaungaatiRima Maungaati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everybody in our group hav android and no one is intereasted in ipad or ifone....cmon mackie or we will change our gear to another brand... korg digital mixer...

Why o can't use my Android phone I don't like iphones, like my galaxy 5 phone better, my friend had a system from banhizer company and they can use galaxy why you have to make it difficult for the consumer.

Wake up and go to something that works 100% of the time! Apple has always been for the artist! Android is for cell phones

• RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to buy a pair of DL32R but won't unless Android has the samecapabilities as iPad. Make the control interface protocol public so open source community will help develop new applications.

• Michael MeitbualMichael Meitbual commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's preventing a motivated software developer from reverse engineering the protocol and writing an Android client? I recently performed on a stage that used the DL32 and was quite impressed - debating ordering one purely for the purposes of reverse-engineering.

Sería genial si esta aplicación la pudiéramos descargar en cualquier dispositivo ya ke son comunes los de androides y windos

Android phone is not compatible with my fader app. Previous iPhone from when there was nothing better at the time also not compatible due to not having a front facing camera!

Really Mackie you are dropping the ball on this particular area. Imagine the lost customers and potential customers due to this easy fix.

I agree, at least a myfader app. I can budget for an iPad for mixing, but expecting all band member to have an iPhone for IEM is a step too far for most bands (like our church volunteers). (Although I'm quite attached to my nuts!)

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base