Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BentlyBently shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MackieMackie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android is so fragmented. It will be a nightmare for Mackie to do technical support after sale.
        There are so many crappy android tablets by hundred of manufacturers. And every manufacturer has their own customize hardware and software. Mackie don't want to support only few top manufacturers and alienated other vendors or users. The market for these mixers are not enough margin for Mackie to spend more money on R&D for Android.

• ScrutchScrutch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never liked Apple, so here I am stuck buying an iPad to run my new 1608 which I really like. Would I do it again? No!! To spend over $500 for a tablet just to run the 1601 is stupid, but I did it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An android app would be a welcome addition as the market division rarely crosses

• George Vander DussenGeorge Vander Dussen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use the DL1608 for our church services. It works wonderfully. Our problem is that Master Fader 3.0 recently discontinued support for ipod and iphone, as well as iPad 1, which has caused us a lot of trouble since many of our sound operators were using those devices. The best fix, however, would be to release an Android app. The majority of our church members have Androids already; not Apples. This DL1608 would be so handy if it had an Android app. Reading the other requests, it looks like that is what the public is screaming out for. So what about it, Mackie, can we expect an Android app anytime soon?

Why not share at least the protocol as A&H does so maybe a 3rd-party developer could make the app?

• grovegrove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mackie is in the clouds apple lost the market years ago Samsung just continued there technology hello apple lets play catch up, and so do all other companies that follow the apple trend, look around do your research.

It is kind of a joke, a bad one at that, what are you thinking mackie. Let's see, we increased the capabilities of our mixer by going digital but then decreased our market by ignoring the largest market segment, Android.... Brilliant Mackie, just Brilliant.

• KMSKMS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Serj Klimas': "And the main thing: All of Mackie users already have iPads - 100% information - so why do you need Android capability?"

I own a lot of Mackie equipment and, here's some shocking news, I don't own an iPad. I guess I have to throw out my Mackie stuff, huh?

• Serj Klimas'Serj Klimas' commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of all.
        Lots of people think, that there are no android-cotnrolled mixers. They are mistaken. I'm not paid , so just google it - you'll be surprised ;)
        And the main thing:
        All of Mackie users allready have iPads - 100% information - so why do you need Android capability?)))

• Mark PassmoreMark Passmore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android Tablets alone account for 62% of the market. Seems like supporting the majority device would be a wise business decision. Android smart phones account for more than 80 % the market. Again, this seems an easy business decision.

• Mark PassmoreMark Passmore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ABSOLUTELY Android! No one in this market has ACTUALLY done it yet. You were the first to bring this type of device to reality. Be the first to bring control options to reality.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base