How can we improve DL1608?

Screen with all the aux send faders and the main fader on it.

142 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RoadRangerRoadRanger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe with the new view groups option in v2 - you could update it to enable you select outputs as well as inputs

• rdmitchrdmitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

huge item I need too

this would help immensely to quickly find and trim the offending aux sent

• Peter BenjaminsPeter Benjamins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the DL1608 because of the way cables stay near the stage eliminating the need for a snake and having to hassle with a Fire Marshall on how the snake is run in the audience area, however, I was using the DL1608 with a line of politicians holding as many as eight wireless mics. As I was trying to EQ the female speaker talking at the time for more intelligibility, some of the others lowered their hands by their sides right in front of the side fill monitors being fed by Aux 2, and the floor monitors being fed by Aux 1, causing feedback, I immediately lowered the main output, had to switch to A1 lower it then to Aux 2 lower it taking more than a tad longer than it should have. Now the FOH system was way to low having to switch back to the main output and carefully raising it back up. This hole sequence took waaaaaay to much time. I am used to a DM-24 mixer where I can call up the third layer at the touch of a button now having all the master faders on one layer and bring them down all at once and readjust the main out within a split second. It made me think maybe I should go back to dragging out that 100 foot snake and using an analog Carvin C2040 or muscle the DM-24 back out on the road.

• Greg YoutseyGreg Youtsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This certainly would save time when trying to find out which monitor is feeding back. It seems like a relatively simple progrom change.

• Larz HansonLarz Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was just posted on the regular forum again yesterday. This is a MUCH NEEDED update to Master Fader!

I propose an "ALL" tab be added to the column of Master Output Selections (LR, A1, A2, etc), at the very bottom for quickest access, and pressing this opens a screen filled with all the Masters. Starting at left, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, Reverb, Delay, then Master LR all the way to the right. This would offer the quickest way to access all Masters at once.

Another poster also recommended a great idea: Have a per-channel Aux view embedded with the EQ, Dynamics and Effects pages that replaces the center area of the screen with Aux 1-6 sends. This is a GREAT idea also, as it gives the user a quick, simple way to adjust a single source in all the Auxes without swiping many times to get the same task done!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important for live sound.
        If you have a sudden feedback, should have a quick way of getting all the outputs a bit down without having to mute tracks.

• Wayne ConnorWayne Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently if I want to have ALL the input and output faders available at once you need 8 ipads, one set to each output!

With a screen for all the outs you could have all the faders available using 3 iPads. IN 1-8, IN 9-16, all OUTS.

• Wayne ConnorWayne Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is almost essential.
        Then you can have one iPad controlling inputs and one controlling all outputs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base