How can we improve DL1608?

Phantom Power per channel

I would like to have a switch to enable phantom power only on some channels.

167 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MikeJordenMikeJorden shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bill RawlsBill Rawls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Phantom Power killed my remote iPad audio out. Now all I get is distortion from the iPad audio out. When I plugged my iPhone into the mixer it's screen turned blue and the phone shut down. The iPhone survived the iPad did not. We need other ways of imputing signal from remote devices into the DL 1608 protected from Phantom Power.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would like to ask? Is it possible to upgrade DL1608 1-8 phantom power Yes, No 9-16 V phantom power. Thank you for waiting for the necessary updates

• MikeJordenMikeJorden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ben, unless someone wants to connect some unbalanced inputs, which can cause problems.

Mitch, yes you are right, it would require a hardware change, but I wanted to get this recorded in case Mackie are thinking of doing a v2 sometime.

• Ben WadeBen Wade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Phantom power is automatic. If you turn it on globally, it is only used for devices/mics that require it. All other channels are bypassed so the way it's setup now is actually better than having to manually choose phantom per channel.

Feedback and Knowledge Base